Hourly consultations are available to discuss your health, healing, current medical plan or to help to make decisions regarding medical plans, review of previous labs or ongoing symptoms. Detailed health questionnaires are filled out by you and read by Dr. Sachs entirely before your time with her starts.
3 virtual meetings -- gives you 60 minutes with the doctor initially with a 30-minute follow up 1-2 months later to review progress and decide next steps. In addition, you get a 60-minute virtual meeting with our Health Coach in between, to support and assist you.
All done via Zoom (an online video chat platform – free and easy to download) or telephone line.
Dr. Sachs will review and summarize your detailed intake forms, your Health History and any labs you may have had done in the past two years – all PRIOR to your consultation, so you hit the ground running.
She will spend the time with you to listen, understand, clarify and reframe your medical situation using a functional medicine model, which seeks to find the underlying causes of chronic symptoms. The functional medicine model views all parts of the body and mind as interrelated systems that are in communication with each other, rather than as separate organs which each require their own specialized care, like Cardiology or Endocrinology.
Dr. Sachs will fix those underlying root causes by finding the connections and clues needed to figure out why you have not healed – our bodies heal unless something interferes with or is missing from the healing process. Dr. Sachs will identify the areas that need correcting and design a specific plan to do just that.
You will learn what’s missing from your body, how to remove whatever is interfering with the healing process, and what you need to supply to regain your body’s innate ability to mend.
You will have ample time to ask questions and will finish your appointment with a different and much clearer understanding of what is going on in your body.
You will be given a clear, comprehensive plan that covers:
1. Your diet, be it short-term or long-term changes, why and how those are important to your health and help to achieve those changes.
2. Supplements – a clearly explained list of everything you need to heal and maintain your health. Some will be apparent to Dr. Sachs at your first visit and some will only become apparent after lab tests are reviewed at the second visit.
3. A discussion about various lab tests appropriate for your condition or concerns, including the insurance coverage and cost of that testing, if and when there are out-of-coverage tests to be considered. We work hard to keep your costs down.
4. A personalized plan for exercise that you agree to try, including balance, muscle-strengthening and aerobic conditioning, suited to your current condition and goals.
5. A sleep assessment and a personalized plan for optimal sleep, which is a vital and necessary component of health and healing.
6. An assessment and personal plan for renewal and connection, faith and/or community.
Our Health Coach, Tracy Schiff, will help you with every aspect of your plan. An hour of her time is included for telemedicine PWPs. She is also available at a fee in addition to the initial time provided.
Tracy works over the phone or via video-chat as well. She will help you with recipes, ideas for exercise and stress management and whatever else you require as you begin your journey to better health.
You will gain access to Power 2 Patient (P2P), our secure, online patient portal and communication tool. P2P allows you to view our large supply of handouts, forms, educational tools and reference materials, and allows you to send messages, submit refill requests and order supplements with a patient discount.
Support is always available from our kind and helpful staff who will be able to answer any questions that may come up along the way.
Our Facebook page, our blog and monthly newsletter are all yours, with informative, cutting-edge information, designed to improve and protect your health and the health of those you love.
Dr. Sachs’s website is full of carefully curated, vetted information along with links to reputable sites full of valuable resources for all things concerning health.
Please note: without a face-to-face visit in our office in CT, Dr. Sachs does not have the ability to prescribe if the need should arise – this would include prescription medications, compounded medications like LDN (Low Dose Naltrexone) and medical marijuana, bioidentical hormones, appointments with specialists and certain diagnostic tests. If you are too far away to come to CT, however, you will still have the same benefits that a visit with Dr. Sachs brings! Where she cannot prescribe, she can make recommendations for you to share with your local healthcare provider.