You may frequently hear people reversing type 2 diabetes without medication. How is it they can do it and you seem to struggle long term? First, be honest with yourself.
· Are you not taking medication because you are in a “monitoring stage” and have not been prescribed?
· You don’t want to take prescribed medication, however, your high glucose levels tell your doctor another story?
· Are you considering discontinuing your medication for reversing type 2 diabetes without medication?
The decision to reversing type 2 diabetes without medication must be conducted in a thoughtful manner and should not be done alone. Always work with your physician and diabetes coach.
Let’s review a few steps on how you can start this process:
· Review all medication and insulin dosages with your medical professional. Determine if you are at the lowest, midrange, or highest dosage available. Some medication should not be abruptly stopped, be clear on the consequences.
· Track any side effects that may possibly be due to your medication or disease.
· Create a health plan and set your health goals. If you are at the highest medication dosage set a goal to reach a lower dosage first before working toward elimination. Beware, depending on your length of time on insulin and other considerations, you may work toward lowering dosages rather than elimination.
· Food and exercise goals should be part of your health plan. We live in a fast and highly processed-food society. Let’s get back to our roots and start consuming fresh, whole foods.
As you progress, pay attention to the little nuances, are you losing weight? Do you have more energy? Are you sleeping better? Did that tingling or numbness in your feet go away? And, most importantly, are you lowering your glucose levels?
Reversing type 2 diabetes without medication is a
balancing act. A thoughtful plan and
dedication can improve your diabetes and overall health.